2005-05-25, 9:13 p.m.
I decided to do this questionnaire again because it's fun! Plus, I want to answer the questions differently. Plus, it's fun to talk about myself. (Cathi, have no shame!) Also, I'm super bored and trying not to think about the fact that I turn 20 a week from today. (Insane. I just cannot wrap my mind around it, you know?)
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I'm not so much as yarn snob (btw, that term is not a negative thing) as a quality knitter. I like the idea that my things will last because they are made of good materials. To that end, I do not really like Red Heart or much of Lion Brand. Sure, there are a few LB yarns I'm open to (mostly their ribbon yarns), but I'm more a fan of the other "cheapie" brands: Caron, Bernat, Plymouth, Patons. Bernat is really impressing me lately, for some reasons.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I'm trying to spin. Alexandra of Artisokka Designs sent me a really nice spindle and some pretty fiber a bit ago (in the coolest bag that she sewed!), and I've been trying to make it like me. I am allergic to crochet.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Angora, skeezy men, soy (sucks for a vegetarian!), crochet
4. How long have you been knitting?
Today? About 2 hours.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Sure do! Amazon here.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
As of this writing, I am sick and miss my sense of smell. But I like pretty much everything except vanilla and wet dog. I also miss cut grass, but that's a side-effect of living in a city.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Oh dear god, yes. Chocolate? Please oh please!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I attempt to bake/cook. But that's not really DIY or somesuch. I do a sorta scrapbooky type journal thing, too.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Feel free to give my AudioScrobbler page a look to see what I've currently got playing. My general rule is this: I prefer groups to solo artists, and I prefer male vocals to female main vocalists.
And I'm totally an mp3 person, as I use an iPod and an iBook for music playing.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like pink and red. I hate purple. I am not adverse to anything besides purple, though.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
No pets. A non-knitting roommate. (What's up with that?!) I'm moving from my current place to the new place in about 2 weeks (insane!) to live with Hannah. Hrm. Oh, and I'm single and dating! It's fun! Currently casually seeing two different people.
12. I have changed this question to be something else that's actually interesting. What do you do for a living?
Right now, I'm just trying to earn money. I don't have a college degree, and I'm working in a pretty saturated job market so I take what I can get, including- but not limited to- drug studies. (Feel free to ask me about this.)
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Regia Ringel, Sockotta, lace weight anything, Caron Simply Soft, Bernat Softee Baby, ribbon yarns
14. What fibers/yarns do you absolutely *not* like?
Angora (allergic). Wool/animal fibers thicker than sock weight. (Sock and lace weight wool/animal fibers are different.) Fuzzy novelty yarns. Jacquard patterned sock yarns.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Pairs of things. And shawls.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Lace, socks, shawls
17. What are you knitting right now?
A Koigu Clapotis, Madli's Shawl (from Summer '04 Interweave, I think), some random mittens, a couple pairs of toe-up socks
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Is it considered seppiku if it's done with a knitting needle?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Straights and double points. I'm not much a circular needle person.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Aluminum straights (like, the really cheap ones from Wal*mart) and plastic DPNs are my favorite things. I also really like casein double points, oddly enough!
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yes, indeedy! I tend to knit ankle socks so I can actually get a whole pair out of a 50 gram ball of sock yarn. (My LYS loves me for this because I adopt single balls that have been in the sale bin forever.)
22. How did you learn to knit?
Heck if I remember.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
I'm not honestly sure I can call it a UFO because I've ripped it at least twice, but my Madli scarf for my mom. I've been working on it for a year now. I suck.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Hello Kitty, Badtz Maru, Tinkerbelle
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Ink for my fountain pens, stickers, journals, yarn (duh!)
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have a year of Interweave that I will be very sad to see go. (Suzy of Labradorable gave it to me, and I cannot express my love for her enough!)
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Just what's on my wish list. I'm not much a book person, it seems.